My Monterey
dltangen

Replacing Canvas on 2004 282 CR

Looking to replace all the canvas/bimini/eisenglas on my 2004 282 cruiser. I believe TaylorMade made the original tops, and from reviewing forum posts I have reached out to Ameritex for a quote. I have also found RNR Marine out of South Carolina seems to make OEM tops for this year/model. Has anyone used RNR for replacing their Monterey canvas? Feedback?

Also, our aft "camper top" is a one piece unit I have heard referred to as a 'fastback' that is supported by tent poles and bows out like a bubble. In all my research, I don't seem to find this type of "camper top". Anyone else with this type of camper top and any recommendations on getting it replaced (besides customer canvas shop)?

I have seen the "bubble" type before. Don't bother. Go with the stock camper top from Ameritex.

I have all original part #'s on file for the Ameritex/Monterey from when we had our 282.

I have seen the "bubble" type before. Don't bother. Go with the stock camper top from Ameritex.

I have all original part #'s on file for the Ameritex/Monterey from when we had our 282.

Can u share numbers and did you use RNR!

Looks like my wifes' spring cleaning included the boat folder. :angry:

So, I can't help, but you can get the same info from Monterey customer service if you get

the right person. Check with them first.

I did not use anyone, as my canvas was in great shape, and never needed replacing. It was factory.