My Monterey
cmodica

2008 318SS Refrigerator only works on DC?

my refrigerator is located outside the cabin, I have both an AC and DC panel both panels have a refrigerator switch.

the only way I have been able to leave the refrigerator on while docked is to leave the DC panel on, with the refrigerator switch on,

and then plug into shore power, and leave the battery charger switch on. The mechanic at my marina said this is the way Monterey

designed the system?Is there a way to run the refrigerator only on AC when plugged into shore power. I have been through (2)

batteries over the past 3 years and I think this due to cycling the battery on and off, to keep the ref. running and the battery charged.

Right now if i turn off the DC panel, and plug into shore power and hit the ref. switch it will not come on. has been like that since the

day I got the boat new.

hi there

I have a 278sc i did change all wired system when i bought the boat brand new.

I need a 220v inside the cabin for laptop or mobile when docked, what we did was, create a 2 batteries system ( that come with the boat) for different way of work.

So batterie 1 is always reserved for engine, when 1+2 can also start the engine, but on batterie switch on 2, only give eletricity for things like, refrigerator, radio, etc...

When docked all boat is connect to land, even on the switch turned off. Baterries are charging and all things works on the boat except the engine.

It was not easy, i need to see how monterey connects things, change the fuse box, change the wire put new wires for this kind off connection.

But in the end the 2 batteries life is about 2 to 3 years mininum i have the boat past 7 years and change only twice the batteries last 2 was this summer.

You need to create 2 diferent ways off getting eletricity on the boat,but remember that on switch 1+2 they should start the engine, or you can get without power for the engine.

Also ask for the convert manufacturer some help, i remember we did that, for connecting some wires directly to the convert and not to the batteries, the 220v dosen´t work on open sea only when docked.

Internal lights where disconnect and also connect directly to the convert, i dont need night lights on the cabin on the sea i need them when docked on the marina.

The best way for you to do this is start looking for the fuse panel, what is connect there and start to have a diagram off your boat, sometimes the same fuse have 1 or 2 or 3 things connect to it, my fuse pannel was changed for a 20 fuse on it, from factory we have about 7 or 8 fuses,

This shoud be done by someone expert on a 12v system, like in cars, eletricity guys working in houses is not the guy you need, you need a car eletricity expert, or a boat eletricity expert.

I dont have the photos off that work, sorry about that, And im portuguese so my english maybe is not the best sorry for that too.

Need more help explain what you are doing and if i know i help