My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
SHEP

Introduction Thread (w/a Picture)

post-529-1212527891_thumb.jpg

2003 Montura 218 LS w/Merc. 5.0 MPI

This shot is from this past Memorial Day Weekend as we camped on an island on the Mighty Mississippi just south of Wabasha, MN.

My wife and I usually run the beautiful St. Criox River that divides MN & WI.

(couldn't seem to upload the big pic, so you will have to click on pic for viewable size)

Here is our 250CR. We boat in the Sebago Lake area in Maine. I'm currently selling to upgrade to a left over 2006 282.

normal_IMG_0557.JPG

So that was the old....here is our new boat...2006 282CR

IMG_0085.JPG

Very nice... Are you going to miss the blue hull? I'll keep my eyes open this summer when we visit Sebago Lake.

The blue hull was very nice...we'll probably miss that but we're extreamly happy with the rest of the boat. So much more room compared to our old 250.

I'll keep my eyes open also...we occaisionally go in the point sebago cove. I have a friend that stays there.

We have a 1999 262cr W/5.7L It lives in a slip at Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles.

Our usual destinations are Catalina Island, Paradise Cove, Long Beach and the fuel dock!!

Our friends can not believe that the boat is 9 years old. It fires right up, everything works great and we try and keep it clean.

Apparently, we are the third owners. In the year she has been ours we have brought the maintenance up to date / installed a new exhaust system / added a new VHF radio / new Lowrance GPS / new autopilot / a killer stereo / Neutrsalt system and new Eisenglass.

I hope this forum picks up with some more traffic soon, I enjoy reading about others Monterey Boats experience.

twoharbors.jpg

theslip.jpg

Already we are thinking about selling to get a larger boat!

looks like we have some OU people in here..

Purchased a 2003 245 on Saturday... I also went to OU, and currently live in Moore, OK.

:huh:

DSC00293.jpg

Congrats and nice ride. Where will you be boating?

looks like we have some OU people in here..

Purchased a 2003 245 on Saturday... I also went to OU, and currently live in Moore, OK.

:huh:

DSC00293.jpg

That is a pretty boat...I have always liked the "style" of my Monterey boat, it makes me think of the bigger Italian yachts in the Mediterranean.

Well, here's my 2000 262CR, I've had it about a month now:

333888_1.jpg

sh101807.jpg

I'm the third owner of this boat, by some incredible stroke of luck the 2 previous owners have both been taking care of it extremely well so there's hardly a scratch on it, the interior is pristine and so is the engine (fresh water cooled Volvo Penta 5.7).

Our boating is done on the Baltic Sea, in the archipelago outside of Stockholm, Sweden. With its 30,000+ islands (and countless little skerries and rocks) it's a great area for boating. If only the boating season was a little longer - April through September is realistically all we get.

This Google Maps link shows my area, scroll around a bit to see what the archipelago looks like. My marina is in the exact center of the picture.

Visit My Boating Area

/politby

Greetings fellow Monterey owners. We are located in New Jersey. After keeping our 2003 248 LSC at a marina at the Jersey Shore and towing it for an annual week vacation to Lake Gearge, NY, we are moving it to Lake George full time. We are a family of four and we have fallen in love with Lake George. Any other Lake George boaters on the forums?

post-2530-1235354976_thumb.jpg

finally got boat scr280 `Suite Fifteen` in Huntsville Ont now but will be gently taken to Pickering Ont ...has merc 375 with DTS etc

post-771-1243181635_thumb.jpg

finally got boat scr280 `Suite Fifteen` in Huntsville Ont now but will be gently taken to Pickering Ont ...has merc 375 with DTS etc

Welcome to the family....How do you like the DTS??

Jeff in So. California. Strictly fresh water lakes, but have gone to the Delta (which was awesome BTW)

Here's our '04 228SI at Lake Buena Vista. (please disregard the water color)

Monterey228SI.jpg

Hi monterey boaters, i also finaly got my first boat and its a 2001 monterey 282.Have'nt had the chance to run it on water yet,probably next week.I live in Athens Greece and summer is starting to fade away for 2009.

some pics at customs

Hello all,

Just a quick note to introduce myself, Tom from near Houston TX. We should be picking up our 2004 322 on Saturday the 3rd of October. Late in the year but we don't lay them up down here, usually can boat all 12 months.

Hello Everyone! We are located in Newport Beach and are new to the forum. We love our Monterey! Are there any other 322 owners in the area? We would love to hear from you!

post-16149-12672576982409_thumb.jpg

Hi all,Live in Bristol Pa.This is our second Monterey boat. We boat on the Delaware River with our 2007 194FS bow rider. We take it on vacation to raystown lake with 3 other boat owning family members.