My Monterey
ErikS

Question for MOST

the needle on both of my tachs sometimes bounce around and don't read accurately. I think it's related to the guage itself vs. the sending unit because if I tap the guage the needle will move and seems to settle to where it should be. I've removed the panel and checked connections and all wires seem to be tight w/no corrosion. I didn't put any dielectric grease or anything on the connections, but it doesn't seem like it's the connection. So...I think it's the guage, but wanted your opinion on if you agree it's the guage, or something else. if it is the guage, how to you recommend I proceed? I believe Faria has a lifetime warranty, but I'm not sure and need contact info. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mine does the EXACT same thing!!! I have a 2004 282Cr. I found a post somewhere on this site, that says he had this condition and to loosen the trim plate and retightened the connections on the back of each gauge and it has been fine ever since. I will let you know how I make out as I plan on doing it this weekend.

Mine does the EXACT same thing!!! I have a 2004 282Cr. I found a post somewhere on this site, that says he had this condition and to loosen the trim plate and retightened the connections on the back of each gauge and it has been fine ever since. I will let you know how I make out as I plan on doing it this weekend.

I did try that and at first I thought it was better, but....it still jumps around. If I tap the guage the needle still jumps around too, sometimes settling where it should be, sometimes not. MOST...do you have any suggestions? I haven't seen any responses yet.

Your tachometer does have a limited lifetime warranty...contact Faria Instruments at:

www.faria-instruments.com or 800-473-2742.

Check the tension on your alternator belt. I found the tach signal is sent from alternator on my 256 cruiser and when belt slips I get jumpy Tach and Volt meter readings.