My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
awood147

Air Conditioner Question for MOST

The air conditioner on my 2005 270 CR is running, but not blowing cold air. There is not water flowing out of the through-hull on the side of the boat and it's about 103 here in Marlyland. I opened up the stainer on the other side of the raw water intake. It wasn't all that dirty but I cleaned it out anyway....still no cold air or water flowing. I figured my next steps should be to close the through hull seacock, remove the hose between it and the strainer to make sure it's not blocked, then briefly open the seacock to ensure it's not blocked. Assuming I have water flowing on that end, it would have to be the pump that's either clogged or broken correct? Are there other steps that I should take to confirm this? When the air conditioner is on, the pump in the engine compartment is running, although it does seem to be making a clicking noise. Is there also something I should check on the a/c unit in the cabin?

Hello awood147,

The factory installed air conditioner was a Marine Air product and the part number was: #VCD5K115V 115V AIR CONDITIONER (DOMESTIC use part #).

For tech support:

Dometic Corporation, Environmental Division

2000 N. Andrews Ave. Ext.

Pompano Beach, FL 33069

Phone: 954-973-2477 on line: www.dometic.com

It might be something as simple as the pump needing to be primed but the clicking noise sounds like there could be something wrong.

This sounds very similliar like an issue I had on my boat about a year ago. What I also saw was that the grill (by the air intake) would ice up... and after a while I got some error on the read-out (HP??? or something - sorry can't recall the exact letters now). Anyway, after many a days I determined that the water pump (110V) wasn't working. The water pump is located in the engine compartment... (look for a pump that's red). So, what I did I went to West Marine and bought a 320Gph pump (it contans the following writing on the box MS320 6B 60Hz). It was a bargain considering it was way less that the original factory installed equipment.

What you may want to-do is go to Lowes and buy the right adapters (not sure if that's what it is called) since the water in/out connectors are different.

Hope this helps...