My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
mikep

quick and quiet exhaust

Just bought a 2004 298ss first boat ever! Yikes.

Ok-- The seller told me, the quick and quiet system no longer switches back and forth. It's stuck in Quick. Neighbors are sissies, and don't like it.

So, I've probably got to fix it. The broker thought it was like $3500 to fix. Anybody know a cheaper way? Or what it might be besides a major repair (fuse, new part that fails easily, etc.)

mike in pompano

Hello Mike,

Contact the manufacturer direct for tech help, Corsa Performance Exhaust (Quick and Quiet) contact info: www.corsaperf.com or 800.486.0999 in Ohio. There is alot of information on their site also.

You might be able to manually shut it off at the exhaust solenoids- each one is independent and there are 2 on each engine. The exhaust normally defaults to the closed position when the disconnection occurs....but if it was not factory installed I can't be sure.

It would be best to seek the advice of a Corsa tech direct.

Thanks Most. Maybe later I will fix it. I did see the solenoids and actually the valve/shutter was broken and some solenoids not working.

But... I fixed my neighbor instead and have been using it locked open or "quick". Everyone's happy. Someday I'll fix it but not in this economy!

Thanks Most. Maybe later I will fix it. I did see the solenoids and actually the valve/shutter was broken and some solenoids not working.

But... I fixed my neighbor instead and have been using it locked open or "quick". Everyone's happy. Someday I'll fix it but not in this economy!

mikep,

I would be interested in how you did that, I've got some neighbors that need fixin'. ;)