My Monterey
paws n reflect

Questions on options

We bought a new 2008 290CR and are having some options put on it. First question is regarding bottom paint. Is it always black or is black just cheaper? Are fender holders typically mounted vertically or horizontically on the railing? Is the remote spotlight typically mounted on the bow rail or the bow itself?

Thanks for the information.

Hi,

Bottom paint is usually black because it hides a lot of growth.

I have seen white bottom paint but it becomes very dirty very quickly. It still works when you come to clean it. Just an appearance thing

Fenders could be mounted either way. I have never seen horizontal. With a vertical mount you need not be so careful about tying them off whist in the holder. I imagine a horizontal mount would obstruct more of your forward / side views. It would be easier to see "around" a vertical mount.

Spotlights are usally mounted to the hull at the bow but the higher above the waterline the further you will see. Ideally, I would like mine mounted to the targa arch, but this can cause problems with the light reflecting back off the bow rail and possibly obstructing your view

Have fun with your new boat