My Monterey
dmbutz

Looking for Courtesy lights for '99 220 explorer

Hi, we recently got a '99 220 Explorer and while everything is in great shape, two of the courtesy lights cover lenses need to be replaced. I was wondering if any one had any ideas on vendors that would carry this. If needed, I could swap out the light unit itself. Lights are oval white plastic trim. thanks for any help.

Hi there,

I replaced all the ones on my '95 256 crusier with led ones from wal mart They fit just fine, you just have to use crimp wire connectors instead of blade type connectors.

I believe the OP was looking for replacement lenses, not the bulbs themselves. Monterey factory had a bad fire

in 1999, and I think they lost most of their technical information. So may be difficult to source the originals.

Hopefully the MOST has the info saved somewhere on her old Fortran Computer. tongue.gif

You can do a search for courtesey lights, cockpit lights and usually find some that can be swapped out that will fit.

Too funny Rip5...the lights were part number 24077-65 white oval and the manufacturer was Liteco (a division of Ramco). Contact phone is 800-826-5483. You can probably find them at West Marine or any marine supply store...

Thanks, I actually found out that the price to replace the courtesy light itself was so cheap I replaced the fixture and all three in the boat. Lesson learned was that I took a picture and sent to Monterey with boat info and had the part in a week.