My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
PeterC

302 - Elec power to cockpit wetbar site

Hi MOST, In my 2006 302CR I want to hook up a cockpit fridge to the Baclk-Green-White wires & plug (labeled ICEMAKER) in the portside engine room. The boat did not have an icemaker fitted, so the wires are tied back/unused. Once I connect, how can I open/close power to this site, as there is no spare switch, or switch listed as Icemeker in the cabin elec panel?

Add a breaker in the wet bar for the ice maker. Switch it off from there.

Get the breaker like this here:

http://dogbytecomput...face-mount.html

Hi Rip5, thanks for the reply & advice. What I tried to say was that there doesn't seem to be be power going to the blk/gr/wte 'icemaker' labeled wires. I tested for current with a multimeter, but found none. I expected to read 110v, or possibly 24v or 12v, but nothing. When testing I switched all panel switches, isolators, breakers, etc.. but nothing produced a current in the line. I also tried tracing the wires back, but lost them in the engine room wiring loom. So i either have to start a whole new re-wire from scratch, or find a way to use what is already pre-wired there by Monterey, albeit for the icemaker. Also I assume the Icemaker offered as an option is 110v and not 12v or 24v? Any further help much is much appreciated. Regards, PeterC

I see what you are saying now. Our 282CR was set up with water line in the wetbar for an ice maker and also

had an A/C outlet installed at the factory to power the unit. No DC connection was on our boat for an icemaker.

Nor was there a breaker on the panel.So I am just guessing that the unit was A/C only for our boat at least.

Ours does not have the icemaker wires installed. We just added an A/C only mini fridge in the wet bar. It was only

$75 and is all we need. Stays cold all day without power, then we hook up to shore power when we get back to the slip.

Plus we have the dual voltage fridge in the cabin. two ice trays in each fridge gets us through the day.

We do not use enough ice to warrant a dedicated ice maker, and they are very pricey for a dual voltage model.

Hello PeterC,

On the AC electrical panel down in the cabin there should be a breaker space for the icemaker in the bottom right hand side, just below the TV switch. The icemaker was 110v (only). The wires for the icemaker hook up should be tucked up behind the panel. Remove the AC electrical panel, connect the wires to the breaker and you should be good to go.

Be certain that the breaker is the correct amperage recommended by the refrigerator manufacturer.

Hi we are looking to install a cockpit fridge in our 270CR and I'm wondering where you got the faceplate to install around the fridge? post-28787-0-62803300-1393365117_thumb.jpg

Also, do you remember where you bought the fridge and I'm wondering if this working for you?

Thanks for your help!