My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Britton

Manuals for antique (!) Montereys

Over the years, numerous owners of older Monterey's have posted, calling for help with manuals. MOST has told us that because of the fire, these records were lost. So, with this wonderful new website how about taking up the challenge, Monterey? There's a number of 276 and 296 owners around the world with these lovely boats. Surely someone out there has a manual and would be prepared to scan it and upload it to Monterey so that they can post it on their site.

Are you up to the challenge of pursuing this, Mr. Administrator. A positive outcome would be so welcome, particularly to those of us foreigners who adore your boats but are surrounded by dealers and tradespeople who are completely unfamiliar with the boat. Maintenance and repairs is very much a case of feeling your way!

I agree, It seems like somewhere there should be someone with a copy of this that can be converted into a PDF file. It would go a long way with the owners of these older boats if this could be done. It would sure help solidify some brand loyalty!

-pat

Over the years, numerous owners of older Monterey's have posted, calling for help with manuals. MOST has told us that because of the fire, these records were lost. So, with this wonderful new website how about taking up the challenge, Monterey? There's a number of 276 and 296 owners around the world with these lovely boats. Surely someone out there has a manual and would be prepared to scan it and upload it to Monterey so that they can post it on their site.

Are you up to the challenge of pursuing this, Mr. Administrator. A positive outcome would be so welcome, particularly to those of us foreigners who adore your boats but are surrounded by dealers and tradespeople who are completely unfamiliar with the boat. Maintenance and repairs is very much a case of feeling your way!

As ownwers of 1994 246SEL cruiser would love the idia that we could get the PDF of the manuals, Maybe MOST can check their records of whom they sold the boats to and aske them if they have the manuals for the scaning.

Es owner of a 1994 246 SEL would greatly apreciate a PDF copy of manual, maybe MOST can contact the people that they sold the boats to and they might have the maual that could be scanned.

Victor

I am new to the Monterey lineup and just purchase a 1997 Montura 196 BR. Can anyone provide me with technical data, links, manuals, specs, or any other info that would help me maintain this unit. It has the Thunberbolt 5.7L Mercruiser and the Alpha-one outdrive. Any halp would be great. I tried serching this forum for info but am not getting very far.

Thanks,

Mark

post-127-1193795814_thumb.jpg

We have a 1999 276 is this what they would be looking for? We have the manual is this what you mean?

Hey Fuelish Pleasure

Thanks for this.

Do you think you would :) be able to scan your manual to a .pdf and issue this to MOST. Then he can post this on the site for anyone to access. This would be a truly community-benefitting thing to do as those of us who share the enjoyment of older Montereys have been unable to get hold of manuals.

For me, mine's a 296 but shares many features with your 276 so it would definitely be a help to me.

Check it out....the 256, 276 and 296 manuals have been downloaded under the product support section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out....the 256, 276 and 296 manuals have been downloaded under the product support section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently they haven't been posted yet, unless I'm not finding the right section, I can't locate the 256, 276 or the 296 Manuals...?

Hey Jessie.

I had a look and kind find it. Can you give me the path for the post plse.

Hey Jessie.

I had a look and kind find it. Can you give me the path for the post plse.

They were there the other day. I did not try to download any of them. Maybe somethinig was wrong and it had to be fixed...

I just picked up a 1997 236 Montura Dino with the 5.7L. Any manual info would be very helpful. Also any feed back from owners of this boat would be wonderful too.

Thank you

Fordguysteve

New Monterey Owner