My Monterey
tbirt 214

2008 5.0L winterization

two questions:

1. I have a 214fs with a 5.0L TKS mercruiser. this is a new boat (to me) and i'm winterizing it but can't find any specification on the oil filter. i like to have everythng bought before starting the job instead of having to pull off the old one and then running out to find a new one. the merc owners manual doesn't say what it is nor does the label on the engine.

2. the diagram in the manual for a multiport drain system shows drain on the "fuel cooler to thermostat housing". i've looked the engine over but cannot find this drain. it's not listed as optional.

Hello tbirt214,

Your best source of help is a Mercruiser authorized service center. To find the one nearest you please use the dealer locator at www.mercurymarine.com or call 405-743-6566. Sometimes running changes or part replacements are implemented by Mercury and the engine manufacturer representative has the most up to date information.

The oil filter on your engine now might not be factory since it does not have any part number or other information on it.

thanks, i'll do that. regarding the oil filter, since it was a new leftover boat, i don't imagine the oil had been changed and the filter should be OEM.