My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Chillin

Trailer Size

Good question. I have a 242 and I am using a dual axle for mine with electric breaks. If it was me, I would go fot the tri-axle. Much safer.

Hope this helps!!

I use a 3 axle Zeeman 12,000 lb for a 270. Pulls easy and straight, nice to not have to worry about it. The peace of mind knowing I can have a blow-out and still have two tires on a side is a must when you get a larger boat. There are some rough highways out there, you do not want to be close to the weight limit.

Is a 2 axile (10,000 lb. capacity) trailer suffcient for a 298SC or do I need a 3 axile, 12,000 lb trailer?

It is if the boat weights less than 10K.

We have an 03' 298 SC. With fuel, genset, gear and ice chest, you will be about 10,500 (dry weight states 8,600). Plus you need to figure in the wieght of the trailer. I have a 3 axle LoadMaster from Ohio (3x electrical brakes too). Trailer wieght is 2,220lbs. Total trailer capacity is 15,600 as each axle is 5,200lbs. You could go with a dual axle trailer if you get 7,000lb axles. 3 axles are better than 2 espeically if you blow a tire. My 2 cents.