My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Don

2007 290 Cruiser

I am looking at a new 2007 290 cruiser with twin 5.0 litre merc's and bravo 3 drive's. I would like to hear from people who own this model, likes and dislikes. How does this boat handle in rough seas. Thanks Don

We moved up to a 08' 330SY from an 07' 290. The 290 is a great boat, I had twin Mercs 5.0 EPI 260HP BIII. The boat handled very well rough seas, very comfortable to ride, good visibility, and great performer. Cabin is spacious and cockpit layout is really nice to entertain, there's a good amount of space for storage, overall a very nice boat. Boat cruises around 28MPH @ 3400 RPM's or so and does 22GPH at that speed. Had Smartcraft SC1000 installed, highly recommended. The 290 is part of what Monterey calls the 'New Generation'. The 290 is a very nice looking boat and overall I was really happy with it.

I am looking at a new 2007 290 cruiser with twin 5.0 litre merc's and bravo 3 drive's. I would like to hear from people who own this model, likes and dislikes. How does this boat handle in rough seas. Thanks Don

Is this your first cruiser? A lot will depend on how you use your boat,and the size of your family. If you do daytrips with the occasional overnighter, that layout would probably work nicely for you. I Have a smaller (245) cruiser and stay out on it a lot, sometimes two weeks at a time. It can sure get played out real quick when you have to keep converting the dinette to a bed.My next boat will have a dedicated dinette. Tom

I just bought a New 06 leftover 290CR in august fully loaded. My family (wife+3 kids) put about 40 hours on it since in the Hudson River.

We have the volvo ocean series drives. Overall we love the boat. Fast, great handling, and good in some 3 foot river slosh. A bit noisy when pushing it, but on our model the sound proofing is pretty thin. May upgrade it to 2 inch foam when we take it out in the spring.

Comfortable boat, and the cockpit fridge + the cabin fridge really help.

We are getting about 13-14 mgp at cruising speed. You will like the boat. Plenty of Room in the cabin for day trips and weekends.

HI,

Im thinking on buying a 08 355SY, but im not sure about it can u give me some advice pls, and another question, in the specifications section of the 355sy u can see there s a hard top but then on the options i dont seem to find it,m is it new? or its an error?

Thanks in advance.

HI,

Im thinking on buying a 08 355SY, but im not sure about it can u give me some advice pls, and another question, in the specifications section of the 355sy u can see there s a hard top but then on the options i dont seem to find it,m is it new? or its an error?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the 08 model has the hard top as an optional.

Where do you normally boat?