My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Ronbo

2005 268 SC

I own a 2005 Monterey 268 SC. It appears the previous owner used a cleaner on the seats that did not agree with the vinyl. I have tried several different products suggested by a friend in the marine industry but non have seemed to make the seat appearance any better. I was wondering if the seat skins for this year and model are still available to be purchased. Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Did you ever find out what was used on the seats?

Have you tried Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They work great for us.

I too am curious about the vinyl color/source. I have a small tear on our 2006 282CR and

not sure if it can be repaired or the entire seat needs to be recovered. I want the vinyl

to match the rest of the seats, and need to know if the same is still available.

MOST, can you help ????

I too am curious about the vinyl color/source. I have a small tear on our 2006 282CR and

not sure if it can be repaired or the entire seat needs to be recovered. I want the vinyl

to match the rest of the seats, and need to know if the same is still available.

MOST, can you help ????

Huh ?????

MOST, The cockpit vinyl seats in out 282CR are white. Cabin is different material and color.

I'm interested in the vinyl type for the cockpit seats. Source? Name of Mfg. anything would be helpful.

In all my years of Automotive..I have seen lots of guys repairing vinyl/leather/cloth seats..they turn out OK for automobiles. That being said, I have seen LOTS of attempts on boat seats/vinyl and it never turns out! It may look good for a day or two, but with sun/water/use the split/rip/tear reappears. I took my flip up bolster off and had it recovered at an automotive upolstery shop. Yes, the grain/colour is off, better then the stress tear I had! You can Google Automotive Trim and Upholsterey Shops for your local area. You probably will not get matching seat covers/vinyl replacement from Monterey for a 2005, I tried my local dealer. Hope this helps!