My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Russ

Captain's Chair

I'm of average height ( almost 6' ) but find I cannot comfortably see when seated in my 270CR. Standing up is great, so that is what I do. But, for a long cruise that is going to get tiring. Leaning back against the bolster in the folder up position helps, but I really would like some support up higher. Has anyone else encountered this situation and come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

I have the same issue with my 250CR which has the same cockpit configuration as the 270. I have found that if you fold up the booster and place a fender on top it works great. Since it is soft and pliable it really is comfortable even in big water. Not exactly stylish but effective. Hope this helps.

Ben

I'm of average height ( almost 6' ) but find I cannot comfortably see when seated in my 270CR. Standing up is great, so that is what I do. But, for a long cruise that is going to get tiring. Leaning back against the bolster in the folder up position helps, but I really would like some support up higher. Has anyone else encountered this situation and come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Russ

Russ, i have the same boat and being 5'9" i have even a greater problem. This seat is a slider and sits on rails that are through bolted to the fiberglass box. I removed the seat and rails and placed the rails atop two 3" sqare aluminum sections and then got longer stainless bolts and to accomodate the extra 3" of the square tubing. this raised the seat up 3" but it still in not enough for me, but may be for you. To go any higher will effect the rear facing part of the seat. This 3" height change still effects the use of the table but very little. no one has ever mentioned or even noticed the change. This is the worst part about this boat's design and I will probably end up taking the entire seat off and putting on a wide seat facing forward with a dbl pedastal. then you lose theseat to the rear unless you have a smaller one custom made. Of cours no more slider but i could care less about the slider anyway. hope his gives you some ideas. Please let me know what you end up doing. thanks, David

I just sit on two type IV throwable cushions.It puts me at the proper height.If someone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it too! Tom

What year is your boat, I have a 2005, 248LS and I have the telescoping seat from the factory. Its gives me plenty of seat elevation. :mellow:

What year is your boat, I have a 2005, 248LS and I have the telescoping seat from the factory. Its gives me plenty of seat elevation. :mellow:

Mike,

The boat is a 2005 and DWE described the seating situation in an earlier reply. There is no vertical adjustment, just the ability to slide it back and forth. I have thoroughly enjoyed the different ideas for getting some extra height. I usually boat alone so I will probably try to raising the seat rails approach and sacrifice the use of the rear portion at the table. That will still leave serveral seating positions available. Looks like I am not the only one looking for a booster seat :rolleyes:

Thanks to each of you that replied.

Russ

Mike,

The boat is a 2005 and DWE described the seating situation in an earlier reply. There is no vertical adjustment, just the ability to slide it back and forth. I have thoroughly enjoyed the different ideas for getting some extra height. I usually boat alone so I will probably try to raising the seat rails approach and sacrifice the use of the rear portion at the table. That will still leave serveral seating positions available. Looks like I am not the only one looking for a booster seat :rolleyes:

Thanks to each of you that replied.

Russ

Russ,

You will not lose the use of the rear seat if you raise the seat 3 to 4 inches. Your feet may just dangle. Sitting up a little higher in the rear facing seat is actually nice.

DWE

I too have a 270CR (2006). I'm 5'10" and can only drive the boat from a standing position. When seated, except at very slow speed, you have no forward visibility. We took the boat out for 11 hours one day and my legs just about killed me. We have put 110 hours on the boat and the only solution I have come up with is to move the seat as far forward as possible and then put two throw type life cushions under me. You quickly find you have very limited standing room with the seat all the way forward, so part of my "return to port" routine is to have the Admiral (my wife) slide the seat back as we approach so I can stand up for docking.