My Monterey
beasleyrb

2003 248LS - Accessory switchs and how some things work

I bought a 2003 248LS in the late fall 2010 and have a few questions. What do the 2 accessory switchs control on the helm? The two on the far right of the control panel. I think one is the fresh water pump but not sure because I don't hear anything run when I turn either of them on. How do you turn on the windshield wiper if you need it? How do you turn on the halogen lights at the bow and back to the first one, how do you turn on the fresh water pump. None of this is covered in the "Owners Manual". Maybe I'm not smart enough to own a boat...... I took the halogen lights out and checked them with a battery. Both work but for the life of me I can't them to come on with a switch anywhere. I thought it would be other position on the Nav light switch but that doesn't work. I checked all the fuses and they are OK.

Hi

I don't have a 248 but for all the Montereys I have seen, the acessory switches only switch the cigarette lighter socket or sockets if you have more than 1

On some boats, one of the accesory switches can be just a spare switch for any accessory an owner might fit later.

This obviously is for a new boat ex factory, a subsequent owner might have done lots of different things to it since.

For your nav lights, centre position is off

One side (i think is up??) is your running lights which includes your red port light, green starboard light and white running light

Other side (i think is down??) is your anchor light and is all round white light.

Sorry i can't comment about the other issues, hopefully someone else with a 248 can help you

I have the same boat in a 2002 model. Now I do not have a windshield wiper, but I think all the other options are the same. But right not, the boat is shrink-wrapped and in storage. I have found some schematics on this site which you may try to look for. They will help in the troubleshooting. The switches do control the fresh water pump and the front lights. Another switch toggles the red/green and white stern lights (alone-anchor). Left side is the blowers, horn and I thought something else. Next month I should be ready to un-shrink the wrap and start the spring cleaning. I'll check back then.

Beaslyrb...

I looked into the downloadable user manual found here:

http://www.montereyboats.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=171

on Page M29 there is the layout of switches for the 248. They also have the wiring diagrams which should be helpful to troubleshoot problems.

Enjoy!