My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Monterey 250 CR

Hello to all:

Recently purchased a 2006 250 CR, looking to up date a few items on the vessel. First, Bennett trim tabs work fine however, will up date with Bennett EIC5000 three in one indicator system. I have a blog under General Discussion regarding access from Helm to engine compartment(challenging). Next to install a Lewmar V700G windlass. The boat has never had one and to my surprise there is no pre-wire. Has any one found a promising route for the wiring? I would be appreciative for any ones experience and assistance. The last item will be a high water indicator at helm, with secondary bilge pump system to activate if primary fails. Other than this, I have great anticipation to filling up at the pump and experiencing a different boating life.

Help appreciated.:rolleyes:

I wonder if it is common that all 250CRs are not prewired for a windlass? I have seen a 250CR with a windlass, but I believe it was a factory option. I have also heard the guage of wire must be thick to carry the current.

How many bilge pumps do you have? Are they auto or manual? My last boat only had one, and it was a manual, and I never really had a warm fuzzy feeling about that. Definitely would want some redundancy, especially if sleeping on board.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Congratulations on your new boat. Hope you will be enjoying it soon.

Hatchman:

From experience pre- wire and / or pre- installation of the windlass is a vital item on a cruiser boat and worth the money to have someone else to do it.

With that being said, I have two seperat bilge pumps forward bilge and aft bilge both on auto float switch with helm over ride manual switch for both. I have just installed a Water Witch 10-12 with BP500 High water bilge alarm system and will add a back up aft bilge pump connected to the Water Witch alarm.

The previous owner did not have a windlass, High Water Alarm system and I wanted these prior to going out. I also installed Bennetts EIC5000 Trim Tab indicaor switch and I am ready to try them all out this coming week end.

I appreciate your comments and hope to have happy stories to share soon.

Alan

I believe that the windless was an option on that model. Also per-wiring for a windless was an option.

As far as pushing wires up there, it's going to be a challenge. You can remove the drivers seat, remove the cup holder panel - It will get you have way there. Remove the horn and use the wire to pull a new set up there. It's my suggestions. Good luck.

I believe that the windless was an option on that model. Also per-wiring for a windless was an option.

As far as pushing wires up there, it's going to be a challenge. You can remove the drivers seat, remove the cup holder panel - It will get you have way there. Remove the horn and use the wire to pull a new set up there. It's my suggestions. Good luck.

Hello amanphoto:

One year ago when I made this initial entry, if I had taken your suggested method then, I am assured today, I would not remain a boat Owner. If you care to look up in "Technical Discussion" under 250 CR Windlass, back in September 2011, Dodgeo6 entry regarding his 06 250 CR windlass endeavors, you can read my path chosen to successfully wire and install my 2006 250 CR windlass. I believe any other path and method used may be harmful to ones mental health.

With all that said, welcome to this forum and Happy Boating.

Alan