My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
gestut1

new owner of a 204 fs

hi, my 204 fs is on order, i am curious as to what the #person capacity is on this model as on the web site it say max person 1500 lbs, ad 1675 with person and gear, what is gear definition. is this max weight for people and gear only, or does it include fuel and motor weight(i doubt that, but some of them include that) also can one really take 9 people on this boat, providing they are under 1500 lbs? i am getting conflicting inputs.

thanks

GREAT BOAT! Enjoy!

I found this on the Monterey site...Hope this is of some help. The Canadian Boating Guide says this boat is a six person boat? The weight is for people and is 1,500 pounds..Passengers and all the gear, life jackets, coolers etc...is a total of 1,675 pounds

Specifications

Length Overall19'7"6.0 m LOA w/ Swim Platform21'8"6.6 m Beam8'4"2.5 m Deadrise19"19" Draft - Stern Drive Up 21˚53.3 cm Draft - Stern Drive Down34"86.4 cm Bridge Clearance w/Tower7'3"2.21 m Fuel Capacity36 gal136 l Water Capacity10 gal37.8 l Dry Weight3,100 lbs1406 kg Max Persons Weight1,500 lbs680 kg Max Persons / Gear Wt1,675 lbs760 kg Max Power

Hello,

In additon to the Canada specifications on capacities here are the US (Domestic) and CE (European)ones:

US Coast Guard maximum capacity is 9 persons or 1675 pounds persons and gear.

CE (European) maximum capacitiy is 7 persons or 1675 pounds persons and gear.

I've spent a good deal of time in this boat since last summer, and I'd say that he Canada spec of seven people is about right for how many you'd want to put in it max. Yes, you could fit nine people, but I don't think they'd be very comfortable. With seven, you could have three sitting in the back, two in the captain and passenger seats, and another two in the bow, and all would have sufficient elbow room, assuming they're all of average size or smaller. It's a great boat - you're going to enjoy it!

Hello,

In additon to the Canada specifications on capacities here are the US (Domestic) and CE (European)ones:

US Coast Guard maximum capacity is 9 persons or 1675 pounds persons and gear.

CE (European) maximum capacitiy is 7 persons or 1675 pounds persons and gear.

thanks for the info, I have one more question, what are the performance specs on this model with a 220 hp 4.3 L mpi merc engine, i could not find any test results. time to plane, 0-30, and top speed, cruising speed, rpm etc