My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Sunrise 298

Anchor and/or Windlass 298 SS

My 2005 Monterey 298 SS did not come with an anchor...or windlass. It does have the chrome anchor mount with the guide wheels up front. I need to know what anchor I should get that will fit and NOT rub the boat?

Do I need to find a chrome one for it to look good? This anchor will actually get used...not posing! :rolleyes:

My 2005 Monterey 298 SS did not come with an anchor...or windlass. It does have the chrome anchor mount with the guide wheels up front. I need to know what anchor I should get that will fit and NOT rub the boat?

Do I need to find a chrome one for it to look good? This anchor will actually get used...not posing! :rolleyes:

Hello Sunrise 298,

The factory anchor shipped with the 298SS is a Delta #14 Fastset-0057406. You might want to check with other boaters in your area to see what kind they have as well. The type of bottom where you boat (sandy, muddy, rocky) plays a factor in what kind of anchor to use also.

Go with the chrome! Looks GREAT on any boat. If you are in a rocky area the anchor might/will get chipped and then it could rust. I have seen a few rusty ones. Mine is just the galvanized one, and I might go chrome, as we hardly use ours. I guess as you put it we are posers(?) There is a big price difference...

Thanks for the quick info! Greatly appreciated!

If my boat does not have a motorized windlass, is the boat still pre wired for it? Are all the wiring harnesses the same from the factory? I'm wondering if the wiring is already there?