My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Question for MOST

To MOST:

On a 2006 250 CR, what size wire would the factory have installed for a standard windlass pre-wire (on this particular boat) and what pathway would have been taken. Also, would the pre-wire have ran from engine compartment to helm to anchor locker and back or simply from helm to anchor locker tied up out of the way somewhere?

Would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Hello Alan,

If your 2006 250 Cruiser is pre-wired for a windlass from the factory (option), all wires are installed and tucked up in the anchor locker, helm and engine compartment. The windlass wiring used was 16/3 bonded with color code BRN/YEL/GRN and the windlass was a Lewmar product #SL0060686-PK Sprint 600.

M.O.S.T.

Windlass

I appreciate your reply, my boat was not pre-wired and I have completed the new windlass and wiring installation. Would like to know the best method for power termination.

*Would it be recommended to connect direct to the battery or to Quest Main Switch? Depending upon answer, to what battery or to what Battery switch terminal.

Bennett Trim Tab EIC5000

Also completed installation of Bennett EIC5000, the system works beautifully. I currently have the power module connected direct to a Battery, I would like for it to be powered when the key switch is turned on. I have the Auto retract connected to the switch along with the power to accessory (as per instructions) would like for the EIC5000 system to be powered through the ignition switch same as the original.

*Can this be accomplished and if so how.

Bilge High Water Alarm

Installed a Water Witch 10-12 sensor with BP500 Alarm. It works great, would like to know best termination for the power.

*Direct to Battery or through the Quest Battery Switch. Boat currently on trailer and possibly kept in dry storage.

Thank you,

Alan

Hello Alan,

If your 2006 250 Cruiser is pre-wired for a windlass from the factory (option), all wires are installed and tucked up in the anchor locker, helm and engine compartment. The windlass wiring used was 16/3 bonded with color code BRN/YEL/GRN and the windlass was a Lewmar product #SL0060686-PK Sprint 600.

MOST, how do you know what wires are what color. Is there a wiring diagram somewhere I could download? Is there a shop manual for boats? I'm running wires for my windlass and found some wires and I'm not sure what whey goto.