My Monterey
Jody

2003 180 Edge

Hi all,

Well, it's time to buy a new prop for my 2003 180 Edge (why do you ask? .... Well it seemed that the launch ramp is made of concrete and .... well you know why!! ... don't ask!) Anyway, I was just about to go out and buy the exact replacement but I started to think. If 3 blades are good, why not get 4! Is this going to screw with my engine (4.3 GL Volvo SX V6 190 HP) or my outdrive (Mercruiser Alpha 1)? And, most importantly, any suggestions for a great prop?

I like your logic, the more the better! I have seen 4 blades and if you look on the newer high performance boats...5 Blades!

Hi all,

Well, it's time to buy a new prop for my 2003 180 Edge (why do you ask? .... Well it seemed that the launch ramp is made of concrete and .... well you know why!! ... don't ask!) Anyway, I was just about to go out and buy the exact replacement but I started to think. If 3 blades are good, why not get 4! Is this going to screw with my engine (4.3 GL Volvo SX V6 190 HP) or my outdrive (Mercruiser Alpha 1)? And, most importantly, any suggestions for a great prop?

What prop do you have now. 14.5 x19 .

That's right! I have a 14.5 x 19 RH Aluminum prop .... (with added curled blades!)

I'm also looking at something called the "River Runner" that is a skeg & prop protector?