My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Holmström

Engine temp and oil pressure on -04 298 SC

I have recently bought a 2004 298 SC on which I am in the process of upgrading instrument and electronics.

But I just recently notices that I lack the engine temperature and oil pressure indicators that, according to the manual, should be displayed on the tachometer gauges.

The back of the rpm gauges have several connected signal cables, more than should be needed for tach counting, backlight, power and ground.

So my questions is really if there exists a signal lead for the temp and pressure and which of the leads/terminals is which in that case?

I have a SeaGauge Remote2K which I plan to connect to the analog sensor lines and rpm pulse line to generate NMEA2000 data and send to my radar/plotter. See http://tinyurl.com/63m39vs if anyone is interested in the unit.

Anyone have the reference material or info to help with this one?

--Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Your factory gauge was part #GAUGE-TACH-GT0029, 2 EA, FARIA S/S BEZEL TACH W / OIL & TEMP GAGE. manufacturer was Faria Instruments (www.faria-instruments.com or 800-473-2742 in the United Sates eatern time zone).

We have not used or installed the SeaGauge Remote2K system here at the factory in the 298SC.