My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
drpepper

190 FS

My Father in law has sold his 2003 190FS to me - It has the 5.0 Mercruiser motor-- I am trying to find a manual and parts diagram on the Mechanical components including the motor. I downloaded the maintenance manual provided on this website (thanks for making that available) but I need the manual for this particular engine and its components - please help - thanks- Allen

My Father in law has sold his 2003 190FS to me - It has the 5.0 Mercruiser motor-- I am trying to find a manual and parts diagram on the Mechanical components including the motor. I downloaded the maintenance manual provided on this website (thanks for making that available) but I need the manual for this particular engine and its components - please help - thanks- Allen

Mercruiser lets you order manuals online https://webapps.brunswick.com/litreq/navigate.do

or through their authorised dealers.

These are print versions. They no longer sell electronic versions (well at least not to the public)

Here is a link to a download site that has a lot of Mercruiser items BUT it is dated

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8iGasxP0/sharing.html

Look for Mercruiser Service Manual #31. This was current for the "small block V8" engines produced in 2001. I am not sure if it is applicable to your 2003. Check the list of model numbers given in the first few pages.

Finally, look around various bulletin boards of other boating groups and owners (not just here at Monterey). Bayliner owners club is a good site with lots of activity and people who dont mind helping fellow boaters

I found the answer to my own question - I contacted Mercury Marine at 920-929-5110 and they are sending the documentation- Allen

I found the answer to my own question - I contacted Mercury Marine at 920-929-5110 and they are sending the documentation- Allen

Hi,

How much did it cost?

Regrds

Ian

Thank you - those are great links! I really appreciate this forum--Allen

Mercruiser lets you order manuals online https://webapps.brun...req/navigate.do

or through their authorised dealers.

These are print versions. They no longer sell electronic versions (well at least not to the public)

Here is a link to a download site that has a lot of Mercruiser items BUT it is dated

http://www.4shared.c...P0/sharing.html

Look for Mercruiser Service Manual #31. This was current for the "small block V8" engines produced in 2001. I am not sure if it is applicable to your 2003. Check the list of model numbers given in the first few pages.

Finally, look around various bulletin boards of other boating groups and owners (not just here at Monterey). Bayliner owners club is a good site with lots of activity and people who dont mind helping fellow boaters

Hi,

How much did it cost?

Regrds

Ian

FWIW, I called to get pricing on mans for my 180FS 4.3L Merc w/ Alpha1 O/D:

Owners man: $26.95

Service man: $84.95

Parts man: $17.95

And if you need a service and/or parts manual on the outdrive, those are separate mans and priced the same.

FWIW, I called to get pricing on mans for my 180FS 4.3L Merc w/ Alpha1 O/D:

Owners man: $26.95

Service man: $84.95

Parts man: $17.95

And if you need a service and/or parts manual on the outdrive, those are separate mans and priced the same.

WOW - you spend thousands on a motor and an outdrive and they want to stick you with another $130 for manuals for engines AND another $130 for drives

There are several manuals available on line at the link I posted above but unfortunately they only go to the early 2000's

Regards

Have a 1996 Mercury with the 5.7L and Mercruiser outdrive. Motor had been replaced before I bought the boat so there were numerous wiring problems and loose, open wire connectors. Have not been able to find information that would help me do anything. The link below gave me multiple manuals for both the engine and outdrive. Great help.