My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
kfp673

Adding a Grill to a 248LS

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as we just picked up a 2006 248LS and love it. We were very close to buying a pontoon but just fell in love with this. In looking at pontoon boats I loved the fact that you can get a gas grill that mounts to the rails. Has anyone done this with a Monterey bowrider? I would love to see some pictures or suggestions. Thanks everyone and I look forward to being a long time member of the happy Monterey owners!

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as we just picked up a 2006 248LS and love it. We were very close to buying a pontoon but just fell in love with this. In looking at pontoon boats I loved the fact that you can get a gas grill that mounts to the rails. Has anyone done this with a Monterey bowrider? I would love to see some pictures or suggestions. Thanks everyone and I look forward to being a long time member of the happy Monterey owners!

The BBQ's that I've seen, both round and rectangle, have brackets that you buy (extra) that allow you to attach to the rails, or to fishing pole holders. I've seen some people use a base and pole, much like the base and pole of a table and place the base in the swim ladder hatch between the ladder rungs. When not in use they unscrew the pole and the base is hidden behind the hatch that closes over the ladder. The biggest seller of grills is the Magma company. There are one or two others but Magma is the one I see mostly.

Hello all and particularly Monterey owners who are fisherman.

Has anyone mounted fishing rod holders on a 204 FS? The rear gunwale rail is narrow and and flares slightly and may not take a chrome Perko or similar unit. Possibly a side mount on the inside might work? These boats have such nice finish and hardware - I'd prefer to stay with a chrome unit

Thanks

Peter