My Monterey
Abbe Normal

Boat Names

We decided on "Wakin' Memories" to name our new 224fsx! Catchy I think...

~Allen

Chesapeake VA (Deep Creek)

"Impatient" - self explanatory:

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

Great looking rig you have there. We are located on the Elizabeth River near the cove by the High Rise bridge. Love the graphics!

We are waiting to take delivery on our new 2013 184FS. She is sunburst and onyx and our second boat. As a play on the color and the second letter of the alphabet, her name will be "Bea".

Now if the ice will hurry up and melt.....

We named oiur 1995 296 "Boomerang" because it always comes back to its home dock in the Fraser River. The waters around Vancouver B.C. can be very unpredictable with wind and tides, but the 296 handles it very well.

I heard it's bad luck to keep the old name when you buy an old boat. And yes you can't rename your boat after to name her. I'm still tring to find a name for my old boat.

I have heard it is bad luck to re-name a boat? I have also heard that to nulify the bad luck you need to throw a gold coin in the bilge when you re-name the boat? There are many superstitions at sea -- are there any old seadogs out there that confirm/deny these?

I like it

I have a family of 5 and my wife is from Mexico. Being said, we named our 1997 262 Cruiser "Cinco Locos" which means "5 Crazies" in Spanish. Figured it would fit well with our behavior.

Picking up our 2013 184FS next week. Having a wife and two daughters, she will be appropriately named "Outnumbered."

post-24277-0-20865800-1372249765_thumb.jpgOur 214FS is Kelly Day III, named for a firefighters day off. Had the letters done in 14k gold leaf like the lettering on old fire trucks. Also our 3rd boat. 7th season with the 214FS 400 hours on the meter of flawless performance.

We named our 262 "Nenya" which is from The Lord of the rings.

Its the name of the elve ring that controls water, just love the connection there.

Yes i am a Big fan of Tolkien.

I thought I came up with a great name for my 322 until I goggled it and realized it's not so original, but I'm curious to know if you all thinks so, because I'm still leaning towards it.

Hydrotherapy

I thought I came up with a great name for my 322 until I goggled it and realized it's not so original, but I'm curious to know if you all thinks so, because I'm still leaning towards it.

Hydrotherapy

Overly common name for a boat IMO. But if you like it, that is all that really matters.

Our newly bought 214Super Sport in Onyx/Onyx is now named "Black Diamond".

post-54839-0-60891800-1401270729_thumb.jpg

My 2005 Monterey 268 SC is named "Bullistic" as a play on words from my experience as a Fire Control Technician (ballistics) and our love for University of South Florida Bulls.

Howdy, ya'll... couldn't help the double entendre with the name, "Crews In"

post-55305-0-21184000-1432316010_thumb.jpg

-Ed

1996 Monterrey 256 Cruiser

Lake Wallenpaupack, Pa