My Monterey
Hammer2o

2004 298 SS - Top Speed

I have read several times that this boat with a pair of 320 hp is a high 50, low 60 mph boat. http://www.montereyb...l=&fromsearch=1

My 2004 with 300 hp Merc's is a high 40 mph boat, turning at 4,300 - 4,400 RPM's.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, I have a 2005 with 350 Mag's. I get mid-upper 50's on the boat speedo...never GPS'd it. We have the bimini top in place 99% of the time and it gets a little flappy at that speed. That's really moving in that boat. I'm not sure I would want to go much faster. We run Lake of the Ozarks, so on weekends it's 25-30 max with trim tabs set at 30%...crazy rough.

Jim, I have a 2005 with 350 Mag's. I get mid-upper 50's on the boat speedo...never GPS'd it. We have the bimini top in place 99% of the time and it gets a little flappy at that speed. That's really moving in that boat. I'm not sure I would want to go much faster. We run Lake of the Ozarks, so on weekends it's 25-30 max with trim tabs set at 30%...crazy rough.

Mid to upper 50's would be great! Do you have any way of checking the MPH on GPS?