My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
captbro

Water in cabin 298SC

Have a 2004 298sc. Been using the A/C alot and this morning walked on carpet in the cabin and it was wet- any ideas? No rain .. Could it be coming from the A/C or where else. Water seems clean and does not smell.

Thanks

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it must be a duck! No rain, A/C use is probaly your seacock or drain...Is it wetter in one area as compared to others? You might have a loose discharge tube, or cracked....

If it has not rained, then there are 3 spots to start to look at. The A/C, the galley sink and the head sink drain. I suspect it's your A/C as you stated it's been used alot lately.

Look at the pan under your A/C. That pan collects condensation that drips from the unit. There should be some water in it. Check to see that it is not overflowing as here should be a drain....it might be plugged. If any part of the unit is leaking, it should also be wet in that area under and around the A/C.

If that area is ok, look under you sink's. On my old 250CR, I had a water connection under the head sind that was dripping and leaving my carpet wet. I had to take out the toilet paper dispensor to get to it.

I had a similar problem. Found a small crack on underside of faucet in head where piping connected to the faucet. It was a very small drip, but enough over a couple days to cause a wet floor. Repair was a new faucet. I speculate one side of the faucet wasn't open during winterization and stress cracked the faucet assembly.