My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
180FS in Nashville

In-hull transducer in a 180FS

I just bought a depth finder/sounder for my 180FS. I installed it at the lake yesterday, but was unable to get any readings when trying to mount it in the engine compartment. I didn't get a reading until I tried it in the ski locker (which is going to make for a much, MUCH harder install). My buddy seems to think to afford the motor mounts more structural integrity, there may be too much wood in the back of the boat to allow the transducer to fire through. Does anyone have a 180FS w/ the in-hull transducer who can tell me where there's is mounted?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Well, I pulled the fuse on the bilge pump, filled the end w/ water and hit the lake. Looks like the best place to install the transducer in this vessel is under the motor right behind the bilge pump (dead center). It was the only place I could get a continuous solid reading. It seems pretty accurate based on reading from nearby boats. Hopefully this info will help someone in the future. I wish there were more Monterey forums available; or at least a forum that didn't require every post be approved by a moderator. I think it kills momentum.