My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Heinrich

Need part number for cabin shade 2005 270 CR

Hi there,

Okay, so its clear as mud how to describe this (not even Google helped me figure this out) . I'm looking for the shade/filter that goes on the inside of the hatch/window that's on the inside/front of the boat. I'm attaching an image (with a pointer pointing to what I'm referring too) to help explain what I'm looking for... it's a black circle with covered black material (that can clips into the hatch and helps with shading from the sun). It contains a circle metal that keeps it 'stiff'... mine snapped (I'm guessing where it was welded/soldered) and now just keeps falling out... Can anyone please tell me where I can order a replacement part?

Thank you!

Heinrich

post-16205-131154930716_thumb.jpg

Are you talking about a screen to keep the bugs out? I had a canvass company make a piece to match my canvas tops and they put 6 snaps on the frame and now I have a canvas that darkens the cabin and keeps it cool!

That is called a window screen. If you have a Bowmar hatch, contact them for a replacement screen. It does not really offer any shade, just helps keep the bugs out when the hatch is open.

Hi all,

Yep, this is mostly to keep the bugs out (and small inquisitive kids in)...

I'll contact Bowmar & West Marine tomorrow... if all else fails, I'll just have to have something custom made. (This is what happens when small kids try and play frisbee with grown up toys and in the process bend it until the inner metal ring snaps.)

Again thanks to all for your responses.

Heinrich

They do make a "black out" shade that fits the Monterey 270. I have a friend who had a Cruisers Yacht 320 and it came with the round black out shade. When he traded up to a 420, he gave me the shade which fits perfectly in my 270 (same hatch). It really makes it nice when sleeping in the front v-birth!

I am not sure if it is something that Bomar would have or maybe something you could order from a Cruisers Yacht dealer, but I have never found one online available for sale.

Eric

I was able to buy the screen for $20 from a dealer. All they needed was the hull number to order it from Monterey.