My Monterey
albionwiggina

Question for MOST - 2005 180 FS

Have a new to me 2005 180FS with the 4.3L and rear bench seating options. Seeking information on brand of factory installed stereo, and model. The boat appears to have had a factory installed Sirius Radio package with a mounted remote control for the stereo at the helm.

As the head unit has since been replaced, the Sirius receiver is not working, nor is the installed remote. Hoping to return to the factory head unit in an effort to take advantage of the other features.

Lastly, speakers seem to be having issues...any information on size/brand would be helpful so I can find replacements without having to cut larger holes.

Thanks in advance!

Allan

I have a 2006 180FS and my head unit is the Kenwood KTS-300MR w/ a KTS-RC10MR remote at the helm. As for the speakers, I can't say what make/brand they are from memory, but I believe they're 5.25 inch. I googled "KTS-300MR" and found several available, good luck in your search.

Hi there 180FS in Nashville,

The standard stereo was a Magnedyne M3100CDA with 5" Kenwood KWR40 speakers.

The upgrade option (Sirius ready) stereo was the Kenwood KDC2025MRCC (kenwoodusa.com).

I hope this helps.

Does anyone know if the Kenwood KTS-300MR comes with an AUX or audio in connector (for iPhones)? The online manual is sparse and doesn't mention it, so I assume it doesn't. Thanks

You need to buy the CA-C1AUX or CA-C2AX adapter and plug that into the CD changer DIN connection at the back of the head unit.

This receiver is compatible with the optional Kenwood KCA-iP500 iPod control interface.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113CAC1AX/Kenwood-CA-C1AUX.html?tp=1672

http://www.amazon.com/IMC-Audio-CA-C2AX-Kenwood-Stereo/dp/B0031YD0AO/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I added the CA-C2AX to my Kenwood head unit when we had our 282CR. It worked great.