My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
CitationX

Water inside plexiglass pump/plumbing box in aft cabin

Ok, i'm not really familiar with equipment on board my boat. :-(

In the 2001 Montery 242 Cruiser, when you enter the cabin and turn around, there is a lip to the aft cabin.

That lip has a floor which can be lifted to expose some plumbing and what might be a motor. I have no idea what

this plumbing is for although there are one or two bilge pumps there.

In any case, after I ran the boat for one day, also turned on the water pump and also flushed the manual toilet, I noticed later

that there was a good amount of water inside the plexi-glass housing of the plumbing inside this small compartment that is in the lip of the floor

of the aft cabin.

Can someone tell me what plumbing is inside this compartment and how it could be now filled with water?

Unfortunately I don't have picture of this plumbing.

I had this boat winterized at the boat dealer (former Monterey in Kent,WA) last year and this is the first time I've taken it out this year.

Thanks!

That plexi glass housing is for the shower and the head sink. There is a pump and float switch in there and when it gets full, it gets pumped outside the boat. The other pump and float switch is in case the enclosed system fails. The compartment is sealed and seperate from all others.

Look inside of your head (bathroom) and at the floor. You'll see a floor drain. This floor drain goes to that box you are asking about. Lift the cover that will expose the box and look at the hose that goes into the box. Follow the hose from the box and you'll see it goes into your head. There is a switch and a pump inside of that plastic box that drains the water out. This system is to drain the water from your head when you are using the shower.

Take a hose or a bucket of water or use your shower and pour water it into the drain in your head (bathroom) and you should hear that pump inside of the box turn on. After it does, go to the outside of your boat and find the scupper (drain) that is on the side of your boat. It should be made of metal and silver in color. The one that is wet is the scupper that is the drain for the pump for your shower or inside of that plastic box. There is a filter in that box too that will collect the hair or anything else that goes down that drain and into that box. Clean it out once in a while.

Also for your toilet, do NOT put anything into that toilet that has not been eaten! No paper, toys, NOTHING!

Ok, i'm not really familiar with equipment on board my boat. :-(

In the 2001 Montery 242 Cruiser, when you enter the cabin and turn around, there is a lip to the aft cabin.

That lip has a floor which can be lifted to expose some plumbing and what might be a motor. I have no idea what

this plumbing is for although there are one or two bilge pumps there.

In any case, after I ran the boat for one day, also turned on the water pump and also flushed the manual toilet, I noticed later

that there was a good amount of water inside the plexi-glass housing of the plumbing inside this small compartment that is in the lip of the floor

of the aft cabin.

Can someone tell me what plumbing is inside this compartment and how it could be now filled with water?

Unfortunately I don't have picture of this plumbing.

I had this boat winterized at the boat dealer (former Monterey in Kent,WA) last year and this is the first time I've taken it out this year.

Thanks!

Hello CitationX:

If you do not have an Owners Manual for your boat, look under "Product Support Downloadable's" (in this forum) under "Cruiser Owner Manuals" and click on 242CR and it should assist you in becoming familiar with your boat. I have found use of the the manual (as my guide) along with hands on experience has been my best way to learn about my boat.

Good luck, welcome and happy boating.

Alan