My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Heath

What is This on My 270?

Hi All,

I've had my 2006 270CR for a couple of months now and can't identify what is behind the small oval shaped grille on the right hand side of the bow just infront of the forward cleat.

The horn on the boat doesn't work, is this where the noise maker for the horn lives?

I've attached a photo if the item in question, any help would be great.

Cheers

HGrille.pdf

Yes, the "noise maker" as you call it, aka the horn is under that grill in your picture. Take the grill off, check that you have power to it with a meter. If you do, just replace the "noise maker" and re-assemble.

Yep, that's where the horn is located. If you stick your head into the anchor rope opening you will be able to see it (just don't get stuck)...

Yeah, your horn is behind there....or at least it's supposed to be :) . Open your anchor locker and you should see it.

Thanks Guy's

I'll take it out and have a look.

If it is this part that is unserviceable, do you know where I'd get a new one?

Spring has just sprung down here in Oz, Like everyone else I'm I'm trying to get the boat in order for a long hot summer, our first with the Monterey.

Can't wait!!

Cheers

Heath

If you haven't already got this done, check the name out on the horn you have when you remove it. Should be an easy removal a couple of screws to remove. I repaired mine this spring and was happy to find that the horns are very popular online and easy to come by from auto stores. Here in the US you could find them for about $10.00 each. I'm sure it wouldn't be that cheap from a marine supplier.

Hi amp410,

Yeah, i pulled them out.

I've unfortunately got FIAMM horns AM-80S high and low trumpets. Can't find any here in Australia. Doesn't seem like anyone imports them here.

Am now looking overseas (USA) but everyone wants to freight UPS at mega cost! I'd be happy with standard mail.

Though I have found out that they are also fitted to some Mercedes Benz cars, but I don't think they'd be particularly cheap from a merc dealer either!

I'll keep hunting

Cheers

Hi Guy's

After much searching around in Oz I couldn't find the original equipment FIAMM horns here.

I ended up purchasing them via mail order from Midway Auto Supplies in Dallas Texas.

Worked beautifully! ordered over the internet and a week later the FedEx box was on my doorstep.

Only wish I did it a bit earlier when the exchange rate was a bit more favorable ;)

Happy Days, everything on my boat works now...ready for summer!

Cheers

Heath