My Monterey
2007 250 CR

2007 250cr air conditioning

I am thinking of adding ac to my 2007 250cr. Where would the factory located the ac/heat unit, and the pump. Is there one supply air outlet, or would there have been one installed in the aft cabin too. I believe there is room to install a second 30 amp shore power next to the factory installed shore power plug.

I am thinking of adding ac to my 2007 250cr. Where would the factory located the ac/heat unit, and the pump. Is there one supply air outlet, or would there have been one installed in the aft cabin too. I believe there is room to install a second 30 amp shore power next to the factory installed shore power plug.

Hello '2007 250 CR':

If you do not have an Owner's manual for your vessel, simply down load one here in under "Cruiser Owner manuals". In the manual you will find the factory's layout of the AC, its control panel along with wiring information. The manual is not real clear on the unit location however it goes under the starboard front cousin / storage area of the V berth. I am surprised your 250 CR does not have an AC however, you may want to look into AC units on line and download installation instructions to get a better idea with regards to your AC install. Also, does your 250 CR have a windlass, if not I can possibly save you a lot of trouble routing the wiring if your boat does not already have a windlass wiring harness in place.

Good luck and happy boating.

Alan