My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
J-Phil

AC on a 2004 265

Hi, I just bought a 2004 265 and on the 120V electric pannel, there is a switch for air conditioning.... and it is not suppose to have AC and I can not see any air vent on any picture... I saw the switch when I looked at pictures of the boat. The boat is winterized and I do not have acces until next spring. My question is, do you think it has AC?? If not, why is there a switch??

Thanks and have a very nice day!!!

J-phil

Hi, I just bought a 2004 265 and on the 120V electric pannel, there is a switch for air conditioning.... and it is not suppose to have AC and I can not see any air vent on any picture... I saw the switch when I looked at pictures of the boat. The boat is winterized and I do not have acces until next spring. My question is, do you think it has AC?? If not, why is there a switch??

J-phil

I highly suspect the panel is a standard panel. If you have AC, the unit would be located under one of the seats in the V berth. Seeing as you can't get into it until spring, do you remember a panel similar to the one circled in my picture? If so, then you have AC. If you can't remember, take a look outside on the starboard side. If you see an drain outlet just above the waterline under the forward port window, you probably have AC. That drain is the outlet for the AC....conversly you'll have an inlet on the bottom of the boat near the stern.

post-57-131923902533_thumb.jpg

It is a standard panel. My boat even has a switch for a Generator, but I have no generator.

I highly suspect the panel is a standard panel. If you have AC, the unit would be located under one of the seats in the V berth. Seeing as you can't get into it until spring, do you remember a panel similar to the one circled in my picture? If so, then you have AC. If you can't remember, take a look outside on the starboard side. If you see an drain outlet just above the waterline under the forward port window, you probably have AC. That drain is the outlet for the AC....conversly you'll have an inlet on the bottom of the boat near the stern.

Thanks for the answer!!

I looked on my pictures and cannot see a panel similar to yours.... to bad..... but I like the boat anyway!!!

J-phil

Hello J-Phil:

Most likely the switch you are seeing is on the main electrical panel. The panel is standard and has a toggle switch breaker for A/C. You would know if you have an A/C it would be located under the starboard or port side V-berth seat. If you have an A/C you will see a control panel with arrows for up and down temperature control on it.

When you purchased the boat did the advertisement indicate A/C? If so, you got one.

Good luck.

Alan

Dan looking at the picture you provided, how do you remove the bulb in that light that's in the picture to the right of the A/C controls?

Thanks,

Mark

Dan looking at the picture you provided, how do you remove the bulb in that light that's in the picture to the right of the A/C controls?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Wish I could answer that. The picture is not from my actual boat, I just know what the AC panel looks like and grabbed a picture off the WEB. I would suspect that either one of the ends twists off or you need to pop the lens off.

I don't have A/C in my 2004 Monterey 282CR. I would like to add it. Does anyone know if this is possible, is there a plug and play unit available from Monterey, does anyone know where the A/C unit would go in a 282CR? I am selling my boat and buying a 322, I can't sell it without A/C! I have had 50+ people calling me on it, nd all want A/C. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I don't have A/C in my 2004 Monterey 282CR. I would like to add it. Does anyone know if this is possible, is there a plug and play unit available from Monterey, does anyone know where the A/C unit would go in a 282CR? I am selling my boat and buying a 322, I can't sell it without A/C! I have had 50+ people calling me on it, nd all want A/C. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I'm not sure about plug and play....I'm sure it can be done but would probably be a lot of work. The A/C-Heat unit goes under the forward facing seat in the galley with the drain slightly aft of that and the control unit goes on the cabinet above that. SeaCock and water pump are in the engine compartment, you'd have to run the water line forward to the unit. If you need pictures, I can take some next weekend for you.

Dan

Dan, Thank you and if you could post pics that would be GREAT and APPRECIATED!!! I am going to ge this done, and the boat will be going in the water this weekend so I will have someone install the seacock while it is still out of the water, that way the work can be done while in the water.

I Have a 2004 Monterey 322 The a/c unit was working fine one minute the next it shut off. Can anyone tell me where the fuse or reset would be located

thanks

Kevin