My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
ClayWright

Wattage requirement

I have a 265 Cruiser. Micro, range, refer, battery charger, interior lights. I'd like to purchase a portable generator for shore power. Understanding that'll I'll not use all appliances at once - what's the minimum wattage required to safely power the boat?

I have a 265 Cruiser. Micro, range, refer, battery charger, interior lights. I'd like to purchase a portable generator for shore power. Understanding that'll I'll not use all appliances at once - what's the minimum wattage required to safely power the boat?

I have a 250CR with the same appliances as stated above including AC/Heat. We use a Honda EU 2000 watt generater with no problem. We run refer, lights, tv, radio and battery charger at the same time. In the morning we can run the coffee pot and Microwave easily. It will also run our A/C buts runs out of gas during the night. It weighs 34 pounds, is very quiet and cost about $1000. Just be cautious of the wind and placement so you do not risk CO2 inhalation problems.

Clay, your microwave, by far, should be the biggest draw. Use that and add about 10% to be safe, in case you want to nuke some popcorn with the lights on, ect.

On another forum, there's a guy who uses a Honda EU2000 to power his Four Winns 248 when on the hook.

Reccomend Honda EU2000i, 47 pounds, quiet with long run time.