My Monterey
Dodge06

Cabin Door Screen

I have a 2005 250CR and I am looking for a way to install a screen door of some type in the cabin door opening. We boat in Eastern Ontario Canada and the inscets in the summer like to keep you up at night when the cabin door is open to allow for air to circulate.Has anyone put in a screen door in the cabin door opening and if so I would like hear about how it was done.

Thanks Peter

I have a 2005 250CR and I am looking for a way to install a screen door of some type in the cabin door opening. We boat in Eastern Ontario Canada and the inscets in the summer like to keep you up at night when the cabin door is open to allow for air to circulate.Has anyone put in a screen door in the cabin door opening and if so I would like hear about how it was done.

Thanks Peter

Same here in Quebec... last year I saw a person who made a ''flexible'' screen door and fixed it with velcro in the opening... It's easy on and easy off...

J-Phil

On my old 250cr, I cut some screen material and sewed some velcro on it. I then attached the other side of the velcro to the inside door opening. I kept the screen rolled up and when needed, I put it on the top and then just rolled it down and stuck it to the velcro. Worked pretty awesome. The only issue I had was while sewing the velcro, the glue kept messing up the needle and thread.