My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Berry

1999 276 Cruiser Stereo and Water Pump broke

Both the stereo and water pump stopped working on my 1999 276 cruiser. It's not the entire DC Panel that is bad because the refrigerator (also on the DC Panel) is working. How can I find if there are fuses for the stereo and water pump that are blown out? Where is the fuse box? Or, is it most likely the circuit breaker itself for them is bad? Please help soon - I have family visiting in three days and desperately want to get these fixed! These (hopefully) seem like simple enough fixes. Both of these worked about 2 months ago. I had the boat with a repair guy when they stopped working. I dont have the money to have him look at it again, so I want to try to fix these myself.

Tim,

I know by now you are likely well past this problem, but I had a question for you as I cannot get power to my radio. I know the stereo has a fuse behind the unit, but I cannot seem to locate a fuse panel either. Do they exist on Monterey boats? If you found where yours is at, can you share? Thanks.

Tim,

I know by now you are likely well past this problem, but I had a question for you as I cannot get power to my radio. I know the stereo has a fuse behind the unit, but I cannot seem to locate a fuse panel either. Do they exist on Monterey boats? If you found where yours is at, can you share? Thanks.

On the 276, you'll have a breaker on the AC/DC panel (labeled stereo) and possibly a fuse on the Stereo chassis itself/power lead. The breaker will trip to the off position should an overcurrent condition exist.