My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Heinrich

270CR Air Conditioning

Hi all,

Couple of questions: how long does it typically take to start producing heat? (Assume the system was never turned on before.)

It makes no difference if I am on the gen set or plugged into short power. I have a Vector Compact with Passport IO controller unit.

The blower runs from the start, however after several minutes (30) no warm air comes out of the duct (and yes, I did turn up the heat and it shows it is in heat mode).

After reading the manual looking for any help on troubleshooting, it talks about using a rubber mallet and giving the reverse valve a light tap or reprogramming the control unit parameter P-8. Would this help?

Also, I'm curious, am I to impatient... Lastly, say the unit is set to 85 deg F. Can I at least expect to get close to that temperature (assuming of course the cabin stays closed and we're not at the north pole) or what would a reasonable max temperature be? :)...)

Btw, in summer the unit works well cooling the boat down...

Thank you for any help/suggestions! or troubleshooting tips!

Reverse cycle Air/Heat in your boat will not work as designed if water temperature is too low. It will also have

a difficult time cooling if water temp is too high.

Sometimes this valve gets stuck. If your unit cools while in the air cond. mode and when you switch to the heating mode and you do not get any heat then your reversing valve could be stuck. Tapping it with a soft hammer, not very hard just a couple of taps usually frees the valve up and it slide to the correct position.

The same holds true when you go from heating to cooling, the valve could get stuck in the heating mode and a tap or two will free it up and it will shift to the cooling mode. Your unit is like a heat pump used in homes and other buildings, it cools and heats. If you talk to someone that is in the air condition heating business they could explain it better to you than I am here.

What is the current temperature of the lake water? It's been my experience that the colder the lake water, the less heat you get out of it, and the longer it takes to warm it up. I switched to a small 110V heater, which worked much better. wink.gif

Thank you for all the responses I got!

I certainly will take my rubber mallet boating this weekend... :) If all else fails... I like the idea of just using a small 110v heater... as far as water temperature goes, being on Lake Norman in NC, the water temp never falls below freezing.... so, best guess its likely around 45-50 deg F. Not very cold, but certainly not swim ready... :)

Again, thank you very much for all the responses...