My Monterey
Louis

2007 Monterey 298 SC engines cover

Hi

I own a 2007 Monterey 298 SC and my batteries have unexpectedly run falt. My problem is that since the engines hatch is electrically powered, I cannot get to the engine compartment so that I can get the shore supply cables. Does anybody knows how to open it manually.

Thanks

Louis

Not 100% sure how you can open your engine cover but I have a 2004 298 SC and I removed the electric opening motor and have no problems opening the engine cover by hand and it stays open just fine. The electric opener was slow and just drained battery juice.

Not sure if you can remove the rear seat bottom in your current state? If you can, you may be able to get into the engine compartment by unscrewing the round door on a potential access hole? Then you may be able to reach in and detach the opener arm.

Good luck.

Not 100% sure how you can open your engine cover but I have a 2004 298 SC and I removed the electric opening motor and have no problems opening the engine cover by hand and it stays open just fine. The electric opener was slow and just drained battery juice.

Not sure if you can remove the rear seat bottom in your current state? If you can, you may be able to get into the engine compartment by unscrewing the round door on a potential access hole? Then you may be able to reach in and detach the opener arm.

Good luck.

Thank you very much

Louis

You can access the power cables to the batteries from your disconnect panel. Remove the four screws on the battery disconnect panel and hook up a fresh battery with jumper cables to the battery leads, or you can charge the batteries from the same cables until you can operate the hatch cover.