My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
MontereyMike

Changing Casette Stereo to CD Player/MP3 Player

Im changing the stereo in my 1997 262 Cruiser with a CD Player/MP3 unit. The current unit is a Jensen Casette Player and the knobs are old, cracked, and dirty. When I disconnected the Casette player unit, I noticed that there was 2 separate connectors....one a rectangular black connector and a white square connector plugged into the back. When I went to install the new CD Player, I wired the cables coming from the black connector to the CD Player as all the wires matched the new unit. After I completed the connection, I noticed that by running on AC power or DC power, I cannot get the unit to power up. I did not do anything with the white connector, but I am wondering if this connector is needed to be tied into the other wires in order for power to be provided to the unit. I checked the wiring schematics and I am confused as the wires shown match what I have already wired up to. Not sure if anyone on this forum has completed this type of change-out and knows the way to get this powered.