My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Sophie

CR 270 Ideas for ferrying a dog to shore?

We have a 2007 270 and love to anchor off shore. Just one hitch. The dog has to get to shore. I have looked at dinghies but am reluctant given the 8'6" beam and their infringement on the swing platform when locking. Or is this really an issue? Any ideas for an alternative means to get to shore?

We have a 2007 270 and love to anchor off shore. Just one hitch. The dog has to get to shore. I have looked at dinghies but am reluctant given the 8'6" beam and their infringement on the swing platform when locking. Or is this really an issue? Any ideas for an alternative means to get to shore?

I also have a 270 '05, I have an inflatable, that I mostly use to visit friends within my marina and on longer cruises. And I also have an 8' kayak the sit-on-top type, depending on the size of your dog the one-man or two man kayak may due the trick. Mine fits on the foredeck along he rail and at 42lbs it is easily launched and retrieved, and best of all it only cost $250. Good luck. Jeff

I also have a 270 '05, I have an inflatable, that I mostly use to visit friends within my marina and on longer cruises. And I also have an 8' kayak the sit-on-top type, depending on the size of your dog the one-man or two man kayak may due the trick. Mine fits on the foredeck along he rail and at 42lbs it is easily launched and retrieved, and best of all it only cost $250. Good luck. Jeff

I know this is late in coming but...when we took our (late) shepherd/lab mix with us and he had to "go". he swam ashore, did his business and then swam back.tongue.gif Man, I miss that dog!!