My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
lehighalums

2003 265 or a 2005 270 - Thoughts?

We have been looking at a 2003 265 and a 2005 270 Monterey Cruiser and wanted to see if anyone had input about if the one foot difference (same beam measurements) would make that big of a difference. We are not able to actually get into these boats as they are in other states than where we live. The 2003 265 is closer location wise and would be a little less expensive, but we like that the 2005 is two years newer especially in terms of engines, etc.

Thoughts out there? Any other advice?

Thanks in advance!

We have been looking at a 2003 265 and a 2005 270 Monterey Cruiser and wanted to see if anyone had input about if the one foot difference (same beam measurements) would make that big of a difference. We are not able to actually get into these boats as they are in other states than where we live. The 2003 265 is closer location wise and would be a little less expensive, but we like that the 2005 is two years newer especially in terms of engines, etc.

Thanks in advance!

I own a 03 265CR and love it. Plenty of room dry in bad weather, and looks great in water.

Thanks in advance!

It,s the exact same boat

Hull lenght: 26'11''................. 29'6'' with swim platform

I've had my Black 2006 270CR for just over a year now and have done 40 hrs in it....LOVE it!!

Cabin lay out is the best, we criuse, fish, camp and picnic great all-round

Unfortunately I don't know anything about 265's though!

Doesn't really help does it...

Cheers

Heath

Well, thanks everyone for your responses. We found another boat in the meantime, which we ended up buying. It is a 2007 Monterey 270, and we're loving it. Looking forward to keeping up with the discussions here!

Thanks!

Congrats on the new boat !! You will love it. :)