My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
oumills

V Berth Couch

Just curious what you can clean/protect them with? They seem so soft, I'm afraid to touch them w/ anything until I find out what to use. Is there some type of protectant as well?

To clean the vinyl sections of your cabin's interior you can use a household cleaner such as spray on Fantastik or Mr. Clean. No need to scrub hard, just wipe with a soft cloth. Mild detergents such as Ivory dishwashing liquid are okay to use for small spot stain removal on your interior vinyls. Do not use abrasive pads/sponges, always use a soft absorbent cloth and rinse the area well.

For the fabric covered areas, Resolve is great at cleaning off small spots or debris. You can vaccuum them regularly as well to remove dust and hair.

Simply wipe your cabinets with a damp cloth- they are covered with a high quality veneer.

Aerospace 303 is a good product to use for protecting your vinyls, but if you catch a spill quick enough- cool water with a sponge will bring almost everything out.

Do not use products containing ammonia, bleach, antibacterial agents or abrasives.

Do not use Armor All products on your vinyls (cabin or cockpit).

Try not to be overzealous in your housekeeping, a simple wipedown with plain water after you return to the dock is sufficient (unless you have little ones on board or man's best friend!).

To clean the vinyl sections of your cabin's interior you can use a household cleaner such as spray on Fantastik or Mr. Clean. No need to scrub hard, just wipe with a soft cloth. Mild detergents such as Ivory dishwashing liquid are okay to use for small spot stain removal on your interior vinyls. Do not use abrasive pads/sponges, always use a soft absorbent cloth and rinse the area well.

For the fabric covered areas, Resolve is great at cleaning off small spots or debris. You can vaccuum them regularly as well to remove dust and hair.

Simply wipe your cabinets with a damp cloth- they are covered with a high quality veneer.

Aerospace 303 is a good product to use for protecting your vinyls, but if you catch a spill quick enough- cool water with a sponge will bring almost everything out.

Do not use products containing ammonia, bleach, antibacterial agents or abrasives.

Do not use Armor All products on your vinyls (cabin or cockpit).

Try not to be overzealous in your housekeeping, a simple wipedown with plain water after you return to the dock is sufficient (unless you have little ones on board or man's best friend!).

Thanks for the advice. I could have sworn the couch was leather and not vinyl!

A really nice touch to vinyl seating, either because you don't like the feel of it, it's slippery or you want to protect it is to have some terry cloth covers made for them. If you know a good sewing shop, it's pretty cheap and easy. I originally got the idea from a sport boat manufacturer who had these covers from factory and their logo on them. Gave it a classy touch! Anyway, terry cloth is a great feeling material and they sew on a heavy elastic so they are form fit. And the material comes in many colors.....