My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Fuel Flow Gage

Thinking about adding this to my 282CR. Anyone have any experience with this type of gage?

Faria-Chesapeake-White-SS-Fuel-Manager.jpg

I have the navman fuel 3100 (is not made any more) that I love. ?It allows me to understand exactly how much fuel I am burning with any change I make. This has allowed me to run my engines at their best performance with the least amount of load. It also has made it so that I can take long trips I might also never imagine otherwise because I know exactly how much fuel I burn. A fuel burn meter is well worth the money!

Dan there is something wrong with that gauge it is missing something! Just after Flow and Total, there should be big $ signs! Just kidding, let me know how you make out!

Thinking about adding this to my 282CR. Anyone have any experience with this type of gage?

Faria-Chesapeake-White-SS-Fuel-Manager.jpg

I googled this system because it is the same gauges that I have on my 242. I've read several reviews and all say this system starts out running okay then after a little while the numbers it delivers is all wrong.

I'm going to go with a Flowscan system instead. It's the same cost and a little easier to use. The Faria system's Flow and Total buttons having multifunctions and I having CRS, I wouldn't be able to remember which set to press for which function.

I googled this system because it is the same gauges that I have on my 242. I've read several reviews and all say this system starts out running okay then after a little while the numbers it delivers is all wrong.

I'm going to go with a Flowscan system instead. It's the same cost and a little easier to use. The Faria system's Flow and Total buttons having multifunctions and I having CRS, I wouldn't be able to remember which set to press for which function.

I was interested in these because it would match my current gages just as you stated. Money is a bit tight and I was just going to buy 1 for now. Figured I would just double the number for total GPH. You can get them for $179ea on boatersland and I have not been able to find any flowscan gages for the same price. Feel free to pass along any info for the flowscans if you have it.

I did contact Faria and they told me that these will not work on my boat if the engines have a fuel return. I have 5.0 Merc Cruisers but I'm not sure if they have a return. I'll have to check this weekend.

Thanx for the tip, I'll certainly do some more research.