My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
MLamar

2004 298ss Head Floor Drain/Sink routing

Can anyone tell me where the floor drain/sink in a 2004 298ss routes too??

My floor drain is plugged. I've attempted to "snake" it clean, pressure it clean by water hose, etc.

If... it all drains to the center bildge which expels out the starboard side, my bildge is working.

Over time any standing water in the head cabin floor will seep out very slowly and eventually activate the center bilge.

Filling the Sink up will come up through the floor drain. So its plugged down stream of where those two connect.

So if the drainage is plugged just before the bildge and it does extract by way of the bilge what is the best way to access those lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)montelamar01@gmail.com

Thank You,

Monte LaMar, Skiatook Oklahoma

Can anyone tell me where the floor drain/sink in a 2004 298ss routes too??

My floor drain is plugged. I've attempted to "snake" it clean, pressure it clean by water hose, etc.

If... it all drains to the center bildge which expels out the starboard side, my bildge is working.

Over time any standing water in the head cabin floor will seep out very slowly and eventually activate the center bilge.

Filling the Sink up will come up through the floor drain. So its plugged down stream of where those two connect.

So if the drainage is plugged just before the bildge and it does extract by way of the bilge what is the best way to access those lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)montelamar01@gmail.com

Thank You,

Monte LaMar, Skiatook Oklahoma

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Mark Pawlowski <pawlowsk@ohsu.edu> wrote:

I have a 2000 242 Cruiser so things might be a little difference. On my boat, there’s a small step before the entrance to the mid berth. Lift the top or cover of this step and there is a bilge pump and also a plastic box that the head drain goes into. There’s also a bilge pump in this box along with a float switch. There’s also a plastic strainer in there. That strainer might be full of hair or ??? and may be your problem.

Good Luck.

Mark

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Monte LaMar <montelamar01@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, that goes along with what I was more or less assuming was probably the issue. The sink on the rear of the boat has a direct drain out the side. In the Head I wasn't sure if it had a direct line or not. I believe on my 298ss I'll have to get access from the Cuddy side. I don't think it'll be as easy as yours sounds though.

Thank You very much for the info. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull interior panels off to get access but sounds like thats what the chore will be.

Thanks Mark!