My Monterey
MontereyMike

Issue with Head on 1997 262 Cruiser

I noticed last week that while on the boat the head handle is extremely difficult to pull up and push down. For the most part, I can get it to flush into the holding tank, but I cannot pull any water to the toilet. This design doesnt seem that technical so I am wondering if there is a shutoff valve or something like that that may be in the off position. Is anyone familiar if such a thing exists? Last week was the first I used the head and this is my first year with the boat. I looked on Youtube and videos of these types of heads make it so the handle should be rather simple to push and pull. Any ideas? Thanks.

I noticed last week that while on the boat the head handle is extremely difficult to pull up and push down. For the most part, I can get it to flush into the holding tank, but I cannot pull any water to the toilet. This design doesnt seem that technical so I am wondering if there is a shutoff valve or something like that that may be in the off position. Is anyone familiar if such a thing exists? Last week was the first I used the head and this is my first year with the boat. I looked on Youtube and videos of these types of heads make it so the handle should be rather simple to push and pull. Any ideas? Thanks.

I don't know what type of boat you have but on my 2000 242 Cruiser, outside of the head door in front of the mid cabin berth there's a small step that the lid lifts up. Under that step is a ball valve and thru hull fitting. That valve is your water intake for the head. The handle of the valve should be straight up and down position to be in the open position. There is also a bilge pump and float switch and a plastic box with a bilge pump and switch inside. That box is where your shower drains into.

I don't know what type of boat you have but on my 2000 242 Cruiser, outside of the head door in front of the mid cabin berth there's a small step that the lid lifts up. Under that step is a ball valve and thru hull fitting. That valve is your water intake for the head. The handle of the valve should be straight up and down position to be in the open position. There is also a bilge pump and float switch and a plastic box with a bilge pump and switch inside. That box is where your shower drains into.

We are new owners of a 95 256 CR and I found the sea cock and placed it in the upright position to allow water to be pumped into the toilet, after a few minutes of priming I was able to get water return on a few pumps, then nothing at all. Could something be clogged? Any suggestions on what to try next?