My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
michgal2k

Which Prop - need ASAP

I have a 2006 214FS - 5.0L Mercruiser 260 ho - 1.62 Alpha One sterndrive.

Any idea what prop is best for this boat? Would like opinions on both a 3 blade & 4 blade.

Please help!

Actually, your question is un-answerable with the info you provided. The "best prop" for your boat depends on what you plan to do with the boat.

Just cruising, pulling skiers, tubes or wakeboarder's. There are props suited to each of these requirements, but no one prop will do everything perfectly. The prop that came on your boat is ???? What are you looking for? Better hole shot? Top speed? Slow speed planing ability? What are your current RPM's at WOT ?

Answers to these questions will give us a better idea of what to recommend.

Actually, your question is un-answerable with the info you provided. The "best prop" for your boat depends on what you plan to do with the boat.

Just cruising, pulling skiers, tubes or wakeboarder's. There are props suited to each of these requirements, but no one prop will do everything perfectly. The prop that came on your boat is ???? What are you looking for? Better hole shot? Top speed? Slow speed planing ability? What are your current RPM's at WOT ?

Answers to these questions will give us a better idea of what to recommend.

The prop that came with it is - 14.25 x 21 3 blade alum. We can get up to 5400 rpm & 41 mph then it over rev's at WOT and the alarm goes off! We tried a 14 x 23 3 blade alum - dropped to 4000 rpm & 36 mph @ WOT. No over-revving.

Hubby thinks rpm should be around 4600-5000 @ WOT and we should be able to get up to about 50 mph.

We do more crusing than anything - occassional skiing & tubing - so I would say better slow speed planing would be #1.