My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
koolkevin39

1994 190 scr replacing the vinyal seats

I dont know if the MOST can help but i would like to know if i can get my vinyal seat redone and if so what are the expenses for doing it?

thanks

You can get them re-done. But it is unlikely that Monterey has a record of their vinyl supplier from 1994, since much of their records were lost in the 1998 fire.

Your best bet is to have a local upholstery shop re-cover them. You can choose the marine grade vinyl you like, and have them do the work.

I'm pretty sure that it will not be an option to have the factory do the work for you on that age of a boat.

You can get them re-done. But it is unlikely that Monterey has a record of their vinyl supplier from 1994, since much of their records were lost in the 1998 fire.

Your best bet is to have a local upholstery shop re-cover them. You can choose the marine grade vinyl you like, and have them do the work.

I'm pretty sure that it will not be an option to have the factory do the work for you on that age of a boat.

Rip5: thanks for replying I called a local monterey dealer and she told me the same thing. So I will check out the upholstery shop. I have merquire vinyl cleaner do you use the same type for your vinyl on your boat?

Thanks

Koolkevin39

In my manual for our boat, Monterey recommends Fantastik or 409 for vinyl cleaning. I have 409, and it does a good job. I have used the Meguiar's before, and it does a good job also, but is pricey. I use the 409 to clean , and then put a coat of 303 protectant on the seats, for durability and UV protection.