My Monterey
gbottini

grill mount

has anyone mounted a magama kettel grill on a 260scr?

I have a differnt boat but I just went with a Kuuma grill and a pedestal mount on my swim platform. Used it 3 times now and it's great. All of the smaller grills take time to get hot but overall it works well. I just could not bring myself to spend as much for a small boat grill as I did fo my Weber at home! But I do hear they are real nice!

I have a differnt boat but I just went with a Kuuma grill and a pedestal mount on my swim platform. Used it 3 times now and it's great. All of the smaller grills take time to get hot but overall it works well. I just could not bring myself to spend as much for a small boat grill as I did fo my Weber at home! But I do hear they are real nice!

I also installed a pedestal mount on my swim platform 250cr, the BBQ that I have is a Dickinson and it works very well on the mount.

I mounted a Magma grill on my extended swim step between the rungs of the ladder on my 242 Cruiser. Raise the latter door and screw in the pole to the base that's between the ladder rungs then put the grill onto the post and enjoy your meal.

When you're finished let the grill cool and take it all down then shut the cover. No pedestal base to step/trip over.

I mounted a Magma grill on my extended swim step between the rungs of the ladder on my 242 Cruiser. Raise the latter door and screw in the pole to the base that's between the ladder rungs then put the grill onto the post and enjoy your meal.

When you're finished let the grill cool and take it all down then shut the cover. No pedestal base to step/trip over.

I like that idea, I don't want something to stub a toe on.

How come no one installed a gunwale mounted rod holder and put a grill into it?

That's what I ended up doing, I put a flush mount rod holder base on the port side gunwale and bought the coresponding mount from magma, it works great and looks like it came from the factory.

That's what I ended up doing, I put a flush mount rod holder base on the port side gunwale and bought the coresponding mount from magma, it works great and looks like it came from the factory.

We'll probably end up with that too. I thought more about mounting it on the swim platform but if we're grilling we're probably stopped and swimming so a hot grill in the way wouldn't be good.

I boat/fish year round and it rains from October to June here in Oregon. I keep the side windows installed to keep the mist/rain out and I also use the grill year round so mounting on the swim step was the best area for me. If I lived where there was sun, more than the two/three months we see it, then I would have mounted on the gunwale.

I boat/fish year round and it rains from October to June here in Oregon. I keep the side windows installed to keep the mist/rain out and I also use the grill year round so mounting on the swim step was the best area for me. If I lived where there was sun, more than the two/three months we see it, then I would have mounted on the gunwale.

It rains here a lot too, I had not considered how I'd access the grill with the windows on. Thanks for saving me from that one. Ok, so now I'm thinking about putting it on the transom, starboard side.

For all you folks who have installed a grill with a pedestal mount on the swim platform can you tell me if you used screws with bedding or bolts with washers etc? Also I have a 99 322, how thick is the swim platform?

Thank you

I installed a weber grill on the back of my 250cr. I love it. I tried the "marine" grill, but they all sucked. I came up with this deign.

post-22925-0-67425100-1405430841_thumb.jpg

post-22925-0-26087400-1405430891_thumb.jpg

post-22925-0-44081100-1405430936_thumb.jpg

Looks great, I love how it's offset to save space, but where did you get the base mount for the swim platform, I assume the other pieces were custom welded?