My Monterey
tjmckay

250CR After Market Air Conditioning

I own a 2007 250CR and recently moved from NJ to SC. In NJ, we did not need AC, but the heat is unbearable in SC. Has anyone installed an after market AC? Are there drawings for the AC (if it were factory installed), with location of the compressor, ducts, etc? I have a guy that installs AC n boats, but I'd like to know how the factory would have installed it. I think they are location under the starboard side dining seat cushions down below in the cabin. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

In our 282 CR, the unit was under the dinette seat in the cabin. Not that familiar with your set up. But you can install one and put vents where you would like, if space permits. As long as you have a pro do the install, you should not have a problem down the road.

I own a 2007 250CR and recently moved from NJ to SC. In NJ, we did not need AC, but the heat is unbearable in SC. Has anyone installed an after market AC? Are there drawings for the AC (if it were factory installed), with location of the compressor, ducts, etc? I have a guy that installs AC n boats, but I'd like to know how the factory would have installed it. I think they are location under the starboard side dining seat cushions down below in the cabin. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

I just had a 6000 BTUH Marine Air unit installed in my 2007 250cr. They located the unit and the pump underneeth the starboard cabin seat, the filter and intake under the step access. One supply near the return in the dinette table area, and one supply in the aft cabin. would have preferred running the cabin supply up thru the closet and discharge above the closet, however, you will use some closet space unless the cutout the closet wall most starboard side. New 30 amp shorepower, and breaker located by thermostat mounted by microwave. Only problem is must close intake valve before going underway, the lift of the bow will cause pump to loose prime. Hasnt been a problem since. Some may say to put pump and intake filter in the engine compartment. Install was done by a Monterey Dealer.

I just had a 6000 BTUH Marine Air unit installed in my 2007 250cr. They located the unit and the pump underneeth the starboard cabin seat, the filter and intake under the step access. One supply near the return in the dinette table area, and one supply in the aft cabin. would have preferred running the cabin supply up thru the closet and discharge above the closet, however, you will use some closet space unless the cutout the closet wall most starboard side. New 30 amp shorepower, and breaker located by thermostat mounted by microwave. Only problem is must close intake valve before going underway, the lift of the bow will cause pump to loose prime. Hasnt been a problem since. Some may say to put pump and intake filter in the engine compartment. Install was done by a Monterey Dealer.

How does the ac work? Was it worth it? I find that the 250cr doesn't vent well, did this help?